All DesktopServer sites have xdebug turned on by default. It does not actually go active unless you have a debugger to connect to it. This may or may not be related to the issue you are referring to. The other type of debugging is with regards to warnings and errors, as displayed on your screen. Warnings are displayed if you have WP_DEBUG set to true within your wp-config.php file (please check your site root folder for this file and the WP_DEBUG value).The new Debug and Trace feature in DesktopServer 3.8 will override this value in your wp-config.php file. If the plugin is disabled "unchecked" in DesktopServer's Start option screen, then the value is honored as defined in your wp-config.php file.
1. Open the file located at c:\xampplite\php\php.ini
2. Scroll to the bottom and comment out the line 2079 that reads: zend_extension = "c:\xampplite\php\ext\php_xdebug.dll"
3. Change this line by placing a semi-colon in front of it to read: ;zend_extension = "c:\xampplite\php\ext\php_xdebug.dll"
1. Open the file located at Applications > XAMPP > xamppfiles > etc > php.ini
2. Scroll to the bottom and comment out the line 1938 that reads: zend_extension="/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/xdebug.so"
3. Change this line by placing a semi-colon in front of it to read: ;zend_extension="/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/xdebug.so"