Installing the Database Collation Fix
The Database Collation Fix plugin is available in the DesktopServer 3.8.3 or the standalone plugin can be downloaded here
- Unzip the file and copy to your DesktopServer folder. The destination location is as follows:
- MAC > Applications/XAMPP/ds-plugins
- PC > c:\xampplite\ds-plugins
- Open DesktopServer. Make sure that you have selected “Yes. Restart DesktopServer with privileges.” and click Next.
- Select the first option, “Stop or restart the web and database services.” and click [ Next > ].
- On the next screen, select “Restart the web and database services.” AND you want to make sure that the “Database Collation Fix” Developer Plugin is selected. Click [ Next > ].
- Success! Click [ Next > ]
- Visit the local sites Dashboard > Tools > Colation Fix
- Click the [ Fix Database Collation ] ** you only have to do this on your existing sites, any new sites you create will automatically be corrected.