How to Restore Your DesktopServer Installation
1) Locate Your Backup
In the directions for backing up your DesktopServer Installation and files you gathered:
- application folder (XAMPP on Mac or xampplite on Windows),
- project preferences file (com.serverpress.desktop.json),
- actual website files.
Your backup should contain your DesktopServer application files, website files, MySQL database and your Preferences File. Your database contains all of your posts, pages, theme and plugin settings for all of your websites. Your Preferences file contains information regarding the names of your websites and their locations.
2) Restore to the appropriate application folder of your platform:
- On Macintosh, the folder is at /Applications/XAMPP
- On Windows, C\:xampplite
3) Restore the preferences file to it's appropriate application folder of your platform:
- On Macintosh, the folder is at /Users/Shared
- On Windows, C:\ProgramData\DesktopServer\
4) Copy all of your website WordPress files to their proper directories.
- Verify that the path in which you copy these directories matches the paths listed in your preferences file.
- If the files are copied to a different path or drive, you can edit the preferences file (using your text editor) to reflect your website's new location in the "sitePath" entries within the file.