Manually Installing DesktopServer on Windows
Manual installation should NOT be used to upgrade an existing installation. Overwriting existing files will erase any existing websites you have created. For manual upgrade, please see the instructions.
Manual Installation of DesktopServer on Windows
- First, download the installation package for your platform from your account.
- Unzip the .zip file and locate the “libs” sub-folder containing the xampplite folder.
- Drag the xampplite folder to your c:\ hard drive.
- Double-click the DesktopServer program icon from within your c:\xampplite
- Execute the c:\xampplite\ds-plugins\ds-cli-win.exe file (double click) to unpack the ds-cli plugin (you can then delete the ds-cli-win.exe file).
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” prompt if it appears.
If everything went well, DesktopServer will launch, and you can create your first local development site!
If DesktopServer fails to start, you may need to disable your third-party anti-virus or anti-malware application and/or right-click and select “Open as Administrator”.