Manually Installing DesktopServer on a Mac
Manual installation should NOT be used to upgrade an existing installation. Overwriting existing files will erase any existing websites you have created. For manual upgrade, please see the instructions.
Steps for Manual Installation of DesktopServer on a Mac
- First, download the installation package for your platform from your account.
- Unzip the .zip file and locate the “libs” sub-folder containing the XAMPP folder.
- Drag the XAMPP folder to your Applications folder.
- Execute the /Applications/XAMPP/ds-plugins/ds-cli-mac binary to unpack the ds-cli plugin. In Terminal.app, type:
cd /Applications/XAMPP/ds-plugins;chmod +x ds-cli-mac;./ds-cli-mac;rm ds-cli-mac
- Right-click the DesktopServer application icon from within your /Applications/XAMPP folder and select “Open” from the pop-up context menu.
If everything went well, DesktopServer will launch, and you can create your first local development site!
If DesktopServer fails to start, you may need to disable your third-party anti-virus or anti-malware application and/or right-click and select “Open as Administrator”.